Saturday, April 16, 2011

Back from R&R!



Wow!  What a great time I had back at Fort Drum.  I can't believe that the whole process took almost a whole month.  It took 6 days to get home, 15 days at home, and 7 days to get back.  The wife and girls  treated me like a king.  The highlight of the trip home was a weekend at Six Flags Great Escape Indoor Waterpark and hotel.  It was located near Saratoga, NY and was beautiful.  We all loved the warm waterslides and lazy river.  I also enjoyed the great food (both at home and at some of our favorite restuarants).  I purchased a 30-06 rifle for hunting which I look forward to using when we return this fall.  The trip went by way to fast but there were plenty of  great memories made during the 15 days at home.  It is really a great  army program (15 days of free leave and round trip air travel to anywhere in the world that you wanted to go).  Now its back to work and hopefully the next 6 months will go as fast as the first 6 months.

Arrival at Syracuse

Six Flags Great Escape

Sighting in the 30-06

No comments:

Post a Comment